Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thus Stoffels came in 1962 on the master photo!



Mechernich - Fan boundless love: Wilhelm Stoffel (76) from Mechernich in the Eifel region is 56-year member of the FC. During this time he has attended the Cologne on countless trips abroad: The European Cup humiliation against Dundee in 1962 he has also experienced first hand how the flip-drama of Rotterdam against Liverpool 1965th Unbelievable: Stoffels has all eleven of the 1st Finals FC Cologne seen live in the stadium - a record!
The Eifel has tons of stories to tell, but the final of 1962 at the German league is left to him in a special memory.
The travel organization and ordering of tickets for the final in Berlin against 1 FC Nuremberg on 12 May 1962 took over William Stoffels itself. "I always have my leave in the Games of the 1st FC Cologne oriented. "Remembers the proud FC fan. It happens: his brother Harry and a cone-brother.
Stoffels: "Although I was always the youngest, but was super organized. The three cards I received Stadium against FC. The flight to Berlin in the morning and evening, then went back again. "Together with 7000 followers was a 4-0 victory courtesy of goals from Hans Schaefer (22.), Günter Habig (26., 49.) and Fritz pot (71 .) frenetically cheered.
After the final whistle there was for the brothers and their friend, no stopping. "We are, like the other spectators also ran onto the pitch for the team. Because of my size, I could not see anything. So my brother took my cone on his shoulders. Have been made at that moment must have the photo. My small body size of only 1.65 meters, I owe it that I'm on the master picture, "says Stoffels, laughing. The 60th Birthday, he wishes the FC is not entirely selfless and is once again the rise of international matches, which he kann.BU accompany Cologne: Get on your shoulders, into the newspaper in 1962 published the Cologne Rundschau masters teams - with William Stoffels.